Friday, September 21, 2012

BREATHE

If you do not breathe through writing, if you do not cry out in writing, or sing in writing, then don't write, because our culture has no use for it.
Anais Nin 


    Sigh. Look at huge building. Sigh. Walk inside. Overwhelmed. Can't find other group members. Didn't write my paragraph anyway. Don't like health class anyway.Sit down. Boring. Walk around and observe the display cases. Where are all the books? Thought it was only three floors. Ground floor doesn't count. Weird. Four floors. Continue walking around aimlessly. Hope group members don't show up. Please. "Hey!". Sigh. Group member shows up. Tell them work isn't done. Neither is theirs. Sigh. Project is going nowhere. Due next week. It's a presentation. I hate public speaking. Must be memorized. Counts as midterm. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. College is overwhelming. So much to do. So little time. So hard to focus. I made a rhyme. Sigh. Third group member shows up with nothing to contribute. Great. People talk too loud in library. Should be quiet. Walk away and attempt to be productive. Facebook. Tumblr. Other homework that just gets stared at. No productivity. The usual. It's Friday, my brain isn't working. Sigh. Should probably do it now while I have the time. It's the thought that counts. Seriously so much to do. Don't want to do it. Have to do it. Why. Open blog. Sigh. Mental break. Finally. Even though it wasn't working that hard in the first place. Sigh. Writer's block. Sigh. It's so nice outside. Sigh. Attention span of a squirrel. Sigh. Don't have to think, just feel and write. Begin writing. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.



                                                                                                                    Breathe.

10 comments:

  1. i know exactly how you feel! college is so over whelming, i never had this much work in high school! college is a huge transition and we will get used to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. College is beyond overwhelming, you try to transition from high school to college and its like jumping into the pool without testing it, you don't know how cold it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting..College is pretty chill. You just HAVE to be on top of everything you do man. But breathing, relaxing, and being organized will get you far in life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fabulous to me, Olivia. This is great standing alone, I think it could totally work as part of your literacy narrative as well. You really delved into the complicated-ness of being a student. I like how you made things not one sided or definite. And the mentoring against Foucault with Pencil really worked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll start out by telling you why I'm commenting this! I'm from Lacy's other class and this is for the midterm project! Well I liked this for sure. I like how you explained your feelings through this differenct type of writing like Foucault did. I feel exactly the same way about school, it's so stressful. And now I'll remember to just breathe. (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not know what "sigh" meant until I read the whole thing.HA! Sometimes I don't give a what on Fridays even when I know I got work to do. I bet if someone don't breathe when writing, he or she is going to have a huge migraine. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally like this blog post. I like how it's to the point, not "Today I am going to class and I noticed that the building has four floors and not three." It's very jumpy like and interesting and keeps the reader entertained.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is great! I love how you used the mentor text of Foucault and Pencil to express your feelings of stress with school work! I get caught up in this mindset sometimes too, and that's why this works so well. The repetition of the word "sigh" seems overdone when you look at this objectively, but when you're in the moment that perfectly describes how you feel! I like the prompting of a quote as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely amazing. I like how you took this idea that we had in class and let it inspire you and how you had the courage to share it. This is, I think, exactly the type of thing that Lacy was trying to show all of us that day in class when we talked about doing this. did you find it easy or hard to come up with this ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was a very interesting and abstract read, displays a lot of creativity. I like the direction that you went with this quote and how you turned your post into a little abstract piece. Even though it looks sort of choppy to the eye at first, you cand actually make pretty good sense of it, follow along pretty easily, and read the piece with flow.

    ReplyDelete