"Before you can grow up, you must fall in love
three times. Once, you must fall in love with your best friend, ruining
your friendship forever. This will teach you who your true friends are,
and the fine line between friendship and more. Once you must fall in
love with someone you believe is perfect. You will learn that no one is
perfect, and that you should never be treated as anything less than you
deserve. And once, you must fall in love with someone that is exactly
like you. This will teach you about who you are, and who you want to be.
And when you’re through with all that, you learn that the people who
care about you the most are the ones that you hurt, and the ones that
hurt you are the ones that needed you the most. But most of all, you
learn that love is only a concept and is not something that can be
defined, it is different to each and every person on this earth, knowing
that everyone only wants to be loved."
I saw this quote the other day, and I was completely blown away. I'm not even sure how to respond or write about this, I just knew I definitely wanted to share this with you.
It's honestly one of the best quotes I've read. It gives you hope, makes you look back on things with a smile in your heart, and know that everything is happening for a reason. I suppose that all things in life are merely perception, but for some reason I feel as if this quote can resonate with everyone. It's not about the downside of love, or the bright side. But merely the true essence, that love is a lesson and that each person will share something unique with you. Some love quotes leave you sad, or reminiscent, but for me this quote gives me hope for the future that someday we'll all figure ourselves out and live a happy life in any direction we go, knowing that we've learned valuable lessons along the way and that there are still many more to learn.
I love this quote too! I honestly think its true. Maybe you don't necessarily "fall in love" three times. But I've been in all the relationships listed above. I know I'm only 18 but I feel like I'm in a relationship with the last person listed. Going through the first two makes you realize how great the last one is. You shouldn't ever be with someone who makes you feel like your less than them, or treats you like you're small.
ReplyDelete-Autumn
I think that this quote is said perfectly! Love is something that is kind of complicated, but it's a good complicated. In the end, finding that one person that you want to be with is totally worth going through all of the heart ache.
ReplyDeleteOlivia,
ReplyDeleteI also enjoyed reading the quote. I think you said it perfectly when you said that the quote makes you reflect on the past. I also think that the quote makes you look forward to the future as well. To always be wondering whether the new people you meet will be one of those people that you are supposed to fall in love with. It keeps you constantly guessing, which i guess is what love really is, constantly guessing and being on your toes. So as you reflect on the past you can be humbled by what is to come.
I too enjoyed reading this post. I love any kind of quote about love. It reminded me of my boyfriend back at home and how much I miss and love him.
ReplyDeleteI really like this love as undefinable part.. I was reading soemthing the other day about the cultural metaphors that surround us defining ideas like love... and how much these sort of assumed cultural stories shape our (love) lives.
ReplyDelete