What does being a maker entail?
I feel that in order to be a so called "maker", one must be an innovator, a first of their kind. Someone unique and different that does, creates, represents, or upholds something completely new and different and brings it forth into our already complex society. A maker is essentially a puzzle piece. I feel that all individuals are, and that we all have the power to "make a difference" or even "make a point". We search so long throughout our lives for our purpose. I'm not so sure that we have one. I think sometimes that we are each a small, yet significant, aspect that makes up a bigger picture. And that even though we can only comprehend what we have been able to prove, I question our so-called "purpose" as possibly being something so insignificant in the big picture. However, it is true that one is only as strong as it's weakest link. Without individuals creativity, innovation, and aspiration to grow we would not flourish as a society, and even as human beings. If it weren't for the subconscious drive of each individual to learn and essentially be a maker and a master of their skill, the big picture would not exist. It is so important that each person throughout their lives remains curious, and keeps creating. Making new technologies, medicine, art, culture, and more, is essential because without the drive to make, the path do discovering a purpose and the bigger picture in life, would never be traveled.
I like how you explained how you would define what a true "maker" would be to you. I really enjoyed reading this, and I couldn't agree and love it more. I truly believe that society without makers would be nothing at all.
ReplyDeleteI loved this post. I liked how you told what you thought a maker was and then talked about how much we need people to be makers in order for our society to flourish. I highly agree with your post that people are makers and we need them to continue to be makers. Overall great post!
ReplyDeleteI couldn't agree more with your idea of being a "maker" I feel like we all are makers in our own ways. We create our lives, also while living in them. This makes us able to determine how we chose to live them, making us "makers"
ReplyDelete