"It amazes me sometimes that even intelligent people
will analyze a situation or make a judgement after only recognizing the
standard or traditional structure of a piece."
-David Bowie
Sometimes I wish that we didn't have to explain ourselves. We could just feel, do, be as happy as we please. I wish that I could just be. And that I could figure things out for myself, without everyone blatantly or subliminally forcing their opinions into my mind. Even if someone doesn't say anything, it's written across their face and I can easily read it. Why can't they just stop? Leave me alone. Let me be. Let me LIVE. In due course of time, I'll figure out what needs to be figured out, and until then let my happiness continue regardless of what you see, or interpret. You see, that's the problem. People see what they want to see, but they don't know everything. They run with one little perception and blow it into something that it isn't. It's a lot like the part of our memory that makes up a story between point "A" and "B" when we can't remember it. You see one thing and think that that makes something else. Feeling, relationships, and life aren't concrete. There are no right and wrong answers. So why does everyone feel the need to make me feel like there is? Life is just perception anyways. You can't get it wrong. Sure going against the "norm" is considered wrong, only because the majority of society doesn't go against it. Doesn't mean it's wrong, it's just a different perception. That's the beauty of life, and learning. I see one thing and you see another. It's how we learn and grow. Can mistakes be made? Not really. So why can't I just put my whole heart and soul into something, if it makes ME happy? I perceive this is such a way that I feel complete. Is that wrong? I think it's wrong of you to analyze the outside before completely understanding the inside. It's a shame that people do that, and ruin it for those who are, or were happy. You see now it's too late to feel that again. At least, for me. And it's too late to do anything about it. I'm too late thinking about this, too late becoming more independent, and too late realizing that I was happy, regardless of others opinions. Too late. So what now? Continue on hoping to find happiness that is "accepted"? Or try again at the one thing that made you feel complete?
I wish I knew.
I do know.
But I won't do it.
-David Bowie
Sometimes I wish that we didn't have to explain ourselves. We could just feel, do, be as happy as we please. I wish that I could just be. And that I could figure things out for myself, without everyone blatantly or subliminally forcing their opinions into my mind. Even if someone doesn't say anything, it's written across their face and I can easily read it. Why can't they just stop? Leave me alone. Let me be. Let me LIVE. In due course of time, I'll figure out what needs to be figured out, and until then let my happiness continue regardless of what you see, or interpret. You see, that's the problem. People see what they want to see, but they don't know everything. They run with one little perception and blow it into something that it isn't. It's a lot like the part of our memory that makes up a story between point "A" and "B" when we can't remember it. You see one thing and think that that makes something else. Feeling, relationships, and life aren't concrete. There are no right and wrong answers. So why does everyone feel the need to make me feel like there is? Life is just perception anyways. You can't get it wrong. Sure going against the "norm" is considered wrong, only because the majority of society doesn't go against it. Doesn't mean it's wrong, it's just a different perception. That's the beauty of life, and learning. I see one thing and you see another. It's how we learn and grow. Can mistakes be made? Not really. So why can't I just put my whole heart and soul into something, if it makes ME happy? I perceive this is such a way that I feel complete. Is that wrong? I think it's wrong of you to analyze the outside before completely understanding the inside. It's a shame that people do that, and ruin it for those who are, or were happy. You see now it's too late to feel that again. At least, for me. And it's too late to do anything about it. I'm too late thinking about this, too late becoming more independent, and too late realizing that I was happy, regardless of others opinions. Too late. So what now? Continue on hoping to find happiness that is "accepted"? Or try again at the one thing that made you feel complete?
I wish I knew.
I do know.
But I won't do it.
I think that you said this perfectly! I couldn't have said it better myself! You have a great perception on this idea and you seem to have thought about it a lot! Everything that you said was so true and I feel like most people are too afraid to admit it. I think everybody would be much better off if they didn't live based on how society thinks it's the right way to live.
ReplyDeleteI so enjoyed reading this... the way you carried this rant into these three small and isolated statements at the end. It really reads well. Thank you for posting.
ReplyDeleteYou sounded like a poet! lol. It flows so nice and the point about "being yourself" is so true. People want to throw their thoughts and opions on you in hopes for some comformaty. We have to be our own person, in the most wise but happy way.
ReplyDelete